Saturday, July 07, 2012

If Looks Could KILL


No denying that I would definitely think myself luckier if the guy I fell for, was a dashing hunk. Or even cute for that matter. Basically, if he had a 'flaunt-worthy' face, I would be even happier that I got mentally hooked on to a guy who is good-looking. Not that looks have ever been an important criteria for me. Maybe because, there used to be a time when I would go berserk the moment I spotted someone turning the camera in my direction, or the fact that I couldn't bring myself to staring at myself in the mirror for longer than two minutes, happens with many of us while we're adolescents. Maybe because I know what it's like, to have felt acutely diffident about my looks, one time. And that even now, each time I get raving compliments from someone, I do not automatically elevate my 'a guy's looks standard' in mind. I do not start saying to myself like a fool, laughing the laughter of a donkey, that 'Oh, now on I will show interest only to guys who're this much hot and physically appealing. So many compliments did not make their way to me for nothing. It would be most embarrassing to be spotted with a guy who's just decently hot.' With some girls, that's something they religiously do. A spate of compliments come their way, and they'll be acting like they're the only female left of the species, on the planet. And some guys, would add to that, by actually paying attention to such sick behaviour. Pitiable.

Then there are people who'd congratulate you heartily when you animatedly tell them about your new boyfriend, only to add that caustic statement in the end- 'But I think you deserve better. You're so hot. She/He could have found better suited to his/her standards in the looks department.' All you manage to say is 'Oh, I rather find him cute!' or a 'He loves me like crazy!' and paste an almost apologetic smile on your face. When what you really feel like saying, could be,
'Oh he's not good enough for me? Aww. . He's not your boyfriend, now, Is He? If you don't wanna see his face or something, put on your shades when he comes.' 

Then again, if there's a hot chick + nerd couple spotted somewhere, people around won't take a minute to start thinking of reasons of 'what led her to do that?', while the couple is having a great time laughing and canoodling, not giving two hoots about people around. People around behave like it's a chemical equation gone wrong. Almost like they spotted a gay couple making out or something. Tearfully, someone would say- 'Good heavens, is she blind?' 

Many of us demand we have the right to date only hot guys/girls. By that logic, you ought to as much physically appealing, too. Now what about the ones who're not good-looking themselves? What if the prettiest of girls turned ugly for an instant, or what if, you saw your crush in an oily hair-humongous specs on-ill fitting jeans and shirt avatar? I wonder where all the love would go. That instant, you'd be earnestly wishing, since love ain't blind, you were blind. 
Would be nice to go for Dark & Ugly creams and lotions, if ever available, someday; rather than the Fair &; Lovely crap. Just to see how people's smiles shortened and gestures turned cold with time. Or how many proposals you got while you went lower on the Hotness Quotient each day. But then again, none of us would actually do that. We all know why.
Better to fall for people than faces, I say. For those who insist they'll only stop at finding a hot guy/girl to go out with, but haven't found much luck so far, might as well go find a life-size barbie and some dildos.  

My favourite hot girl and geek guy couple, Max and Naomi, from the show 90210. :) :D

1 comment:

  1. That last line. XD
    Can we have some Burn Heal over here, please?

    ReplyDelete

The Good, Bad and the Ugly - What's Your take on this?