Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Take Note, There's Happiness Gliding By!

Out for a stroll in the evening, met with
An innocuous smile flowing from
The eyes of a face across the street.
I smile back, happy, without bothering about
The who, how and why of it.
It made my day. 


Groggy and sulking, dragged myself out of home 

Early morning, the other day.
Overheard a conversation, it made me laugh.
Driving around, running months old rotten errands.
Counting minutes stuck at the red light, 
Now fervently hoping flying cars will be invented someday soon. 
Muttering away, I go on a honking spree.
When a quick wave of tiny hands,
Coupled with a chuckle and smile 
Greets me through a car window 
As I happen to look to my right.
Left smiling sheepishly at him,
I waved back like an excited kid.
While the cars behind honked away.


Irked by the nonchalance of the shopkeeper,

As I made my way out of her shop,
Ticked another errand off the list;
With a frown on my face.
The heavy bags on either side,
The weather at its worst. 
Paved the way to set
My mood to 'annoyed', next.
As I took the turn for my house,
Noticed a wagging tail by my side. 
I stopped, so did he. I gestured at it, half bent.
He cocked his head to one side, ears upright, and
Tail wagging still, while I laughed. 
Finally kept my bags on the pavement, caressed it,
While it looked ahead, then at me, keenly. 
Eventually I walked on, it hopped across the road.
Delving into the land of nod that night
As I recollected those happy sights,
Let out a prayer for each of them.
Chose to remember these wondrous delights, hard to find.


2 comments:

  1. Interesting. I can relate to some of the thoughts like the one to do with flying cars :) It was like BANG ON.

    Keeping penning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You try to find delight in everything around, dont you?
    I feel so connected to anything you write, probably because my heart finds some soothing match in there.
    This poem just made me smile! oh so happy!
    Keep writing shruti!

    ReplyDelete

The Good, Bad and the Ugly - What's Your take on this?