Friday, February 21, 2014

With Love, from Death

You've sketched & sought eternity,
Throughout the map of history 
In effulgent hues.
And what prompted it, pray?
Futile attempts at
Squirming out of 
The shell of mortality.

Of course you don't seek death.
You haven't been living life either.
What then, is it that you
Lived all these years?
Had you been living
The fear of death instead,
Lurking near?

I've been subjected to
A tirade of judgments from you  
But then you've judged life too
All along anyway.
(You've judged it more, 
And lived it less.)

P.S. (Achilles was wiser, 
Must I say.)

4 comments:

  1. for whom have you written this? (evil smirk)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have thought about the basic of the poem and I can say with certainty, that no-one wants 'not to live'. People are 'forced' to judge the world if they are not 'allowed' to live. writers don't make themselves by force of determination. writers/poets are made by circumstances. I am sure you get what I mean. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Of course you don't seek death.
    You haven't been living life either.'

    - This sums up the gist of my poem, Rahul. Again, to judge is to be human, and if one didn't face foeticide, might as well make an effort to live, Till the Moment it (might) Brings Them to Death. I wrote this out of retrospection, and I hope everyone reads it. What did you expect me to say, anyway? :P

    Since my poem has been written in a slightly different context, hence, we must discuss this in person sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes we shall discuss. I shall remind you when we meet next. (reminder saved in mah mobile :P)
    my 'context' was: the tagline of your blog....:D

    ReplyDelete

The Good, Bad and the Ugly - What's Your take on this?