Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Tug of War

While I try to figure
Which is the trigger
And which the consequence,
A battle breaks out
Externalities cave in.
Simultaneity takes on a horrid meaning.
Anticipation becomes the catalyst
Of a demon that I created
But know not how to kill.

I forget where my comfort zone lies
In the sphere of my inability
To face, to do things all these years,
Or the realm I wanted to leap to.
There's no single-leap shortcut though,
I've been crawling all the while
With my head buried in the sand.


P.S. My stubborn mind preferred the stagnant familiarity. I don't. I had to distinguish between the two till I won the war.


1 comment:

  1. I like how this poem speaks such a deep philosophy (the one which I have made) in so simple terms...

    ReplyDelete

The Good, Bad and the Ugly - What's Your take on this?