Thursday, August 29, 2013

When Hackeratti Hit Me :/

So I'm one of the latest recent victims of the mulling crowd of the hackeratti gang out there. Just when I thought these five-six years of my virtual existence 'Oh my account would never get hacked. Why would someone ever hack my account?' as I'd recline in my chair complacently, after setting the same password for the n number of accounts that I created on multiple sites, for my convenience, thinking that hacking is majorly an act of vengeance. But this 'convenience' had to turn into a reprieve eventually, and it did. Yesterday, as my virtual world came crashing down (quite literally :P), I realized I was the foolish one. To think hackers really choose their targets after much thought and pondering. If they really did that, why would they ever resort to hacking someone's account in the first place? For a hacker may be respected amongst his friends, but is hacking a rational act?


                    Thankfully, my Facebook account got restored thanks to my friend's prompt help. Though while he was trying to log in and secure my account, two others were simultaneously trying to access my account. I'd just started heaving a long sigh of relief when my phone beeped with the alarm error message that my Gmail ain't getting logged in. I tried 5 times via my phone. Once I was home, I realized that in frustration at the fact that the guy failed to hack my Facebook account while nearly succeeding at it, he decided to attack my Gmail. And I had inadvertently made his task easier, because I had the same password for Facebook, Gmail, Yahoo, bookmyshow, and what not. Thankfully, Mr. Hacker did not venture to hack all my other accounts. Guess he thought he'd proven his cyber virility by hacking my Gmail. Sigh. When doing such measly things on the virtual world makes you proud is the day one should jump to death. And yes, till yesterday evening, I was least concerned with issues like hacking and cyber-crime, but here I am, hoping I miraculously get to know the brainchild behind this hacking spree operation so I can hack him to death in real. Okay, that's just me being dramatic. Point being, if you're one of those lazy-asses like me, go change your passwords pronto! Though I wonder if in today's times, anyone would take a risk like that anymore. 



            But guess what the funniest thing is? My home's wi-fi connection has been aptly named 'Hack It If You Can' by me. I think it's time to change it, lest it sparks off a crazy rush in some hacker-neighbour to hack my wi-fi next.  :P Then, I won't even be able to vent my anger via the internet. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Good, Bad and the Ugly - What's Your take on this?