Sunday, April 13, 2014

To Be Continued



I've snuggled in your embrace,
Smuggled and sneaked in 
On you on tiptoe
(On the tip of a bubble)
Kissed you a million times,
Cringed with shyness,
Pretended to scoff at you
To break into laughter
And clasp my hands with yours.
Bumped into you 
At some street, on some staircase,
Letting you spiral down a step further
Into my soul's merkaba.

I have sketched you in fervent hues
I have penned you in vivacious blues
I have perused you numerous times
In my pursuit of you.
Fondled you after fumbling for you
In my dog-eared memories
Of my portrait of you
On a blank wall of my reality.

I've often visualised you
Lurking around the corner of a street,
On another day, in a library maybe,
As I gleefully offer my mind for you to read 
In lieu of the book that we picked
At the same instance.

At times I let these scenes 
Play on a little longer in my head,
(None of it ever happened anyway)
Till the juncture when you walk up to me 
(in those scenes)
While I
Freeze the moment then and there,
When you're probably just about to utter
Something I may have been longing to hear.
To then move to a distance
And admire that still frame I'd set, 
Picturing a dewy winter morning
On a summer evening.
Till the sounds, sights and smells disperse

Till we part ways like always,
Without having met, yet!
To meet again in an unfamiliar setting 
Against the backdrop of familiar feelings
Born anew 
In the thrill of anticipation (of)
The certainty of uncertainties.

Trust me my dear,
Your visage will fail 
To do justice to my portrait of you.
Let us meet  and be lost 
In my mind's tangled sketches alone.




P.S. Fell in love with my imagination of him whom I have never known, yet met a million times in my mind. 

3 comments:

  1. Haven't finshed reading it coz I'm in the middle of something but the way you entice your reader into a whole new world of imagination is aesthetically marvelous. Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm assuming you would've completed reading through the poem in the span spent on you while typing out the comment. :P

    Thanks though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ended up reading it completely after I finished typing out the comment >> Haha .. the irony ..

    Your style of writing I've become familiar with coz I've had the privilege of being exposed to it on multiple occasions ...

    Your inner world is so full of life and beauty, I think your the most positive person I've ever met. Honestly ..

    ReplyDelete

The Good, Bad and the Ugly - What's Your take on this?