Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Mr. Never Will Exist

It's safe to write this because the one I intend to write this for will never exist. Pfft. 

Yeah, I'm the kind of person who will [at 22, yes] assert that the definition of being single ain't restricted to someone who's not yet exulted with an overwhelmed, verbal 'Yes' shrieked (by both people) confirming the change in their relationship status. Simply stated, being single may not have much to do with not being 'committed'. That's not even the point though - Having not dated in a year, I have always told myself and others [only on being asked, haha] that a great guy for me wouldn't be a certain someone fulfilling a criteria of characteristics, physical or otherwise, but that random someone I met, who’d eventually became the best guy I could open up to as a person, to know more about myself, by knowing him a little more every day. But since that doesn't seem to be happening either, here I am writing whatever few things come to my mind when I think of how I would want a [mine] boyfriend to be. To be sure, I am writing this as a planned retrospective reminder in written, of what my notion of the-great-guy-who-could-give-a-shot-at-dating-Shruti, would be. :P Indeed, I love writing random stuff, instead of just pocketing those thoughts away from others' sights and my own memories. Can't shift+delete anything we think anyway. So here goes, my version of him-who-will-never-exist.

                              
            With my new-found [not so new-found, almost a year's worth] liking for striking a conversation in a group of new faces, I would definitely want the guy to be someone who does enjoy a hearty interaction in groups, be it to keep the conversation going, be it to figure out his stance on the topic being discussed as he goes on. Yet it's obvious that no one [sensible] would go all polemical with his opinion, thrusting it on the other so much so, that the others start off a conversation amongst themselves about how that chap should shut up and let others speak. Yeah, I think being a good, patient, genuine listener makes a person tad bit more charming. So no, I don't want a blabber-mouth, I just want that thinking mind of his to convey what's on his mind [if he wishes to], at times when I'm just in need of some grass-grazing for new thoughts. Like I would expect of anyone else I would occasionally have a conversation with. Nothing new there, is it?

I'm no scientist, no ace at Physics, Chemistry or Maths, but boy if I had my way, I would be an astronaut today. [Let's keep it for my next birth or even better, a parallel universe.] Science gives me goosebumps, and I'm a sucker for getting to understand the wonder of the universe and the earth, in all its macroscopic and microscopic magnificence a little more, every day. So I take notes from books after I'm back from work, and so on. If I could have that someone explain to me the mysteries of space, time, string theory, sacred geometry and all the rest of it in layman terms with a dash of patience, I would go ga-ga over him, more than I have ever worshiped my favorite heart-throbs. If he's as at layman a level as I, yet if curiosity wakes him up from deep slumber at 3 in the night, to make him wake me up and ask me a question or suggest a sudden hypothesis that struck him, I would be elated, to say the least. Indeed, I wouldn't mind falling for a mad scientist one day.


Have I rambled enough already? He must explain, if not justify why or how[us]  being in a relationship would help someone apart from us. If he utters a simple 'We must strive to help each other grow.', I would be half-happy. Because to love another for no reason at all, is a wonderful thing maybe, but if all your love gets directed to only one individual, are you not living in a bubble that would burst in tears on the day of your 'break-up'? So I'm saying here, instead of living in a relationship where mutual liking/love conveyed over a period of time, everyday, becomes your definition of love itself. If another’s love makes you a more confident person, it doesn't have to stop at that. You use that confidence to better the life of another, and so on. And this holds true in all relationships I believe.

Grammar, well. :P Grammar and a [witty] tongue that fluently rolls out words in English [that being the language I am most fluent in of the rest], would be like a succulent bite into his persona waiting to be shredded apart [with eagerness from his side] to know a little more of him, and get just a little more used to the tone and tenor of his voice. If he would read, I would love him to read with me, read to me. If he wrote, I'd happily read up his scribblings and prod him to write more, and maybe pen a verse or two with me, someday soon.

If he sang, I would join him in a majorly inaudible frequency to soon partner him in the lyrics, breathing life into the tenor of the song.
Last but not the least, if dance excited his passion even a little, I would happily give him my arm, howsoever weak in the knees I would get, or even if I were to tumble and literally fall head over heels [in love? haha!] with him.


Oh no, I do not seek a mental twin here. Someone who evokes life in the very emptiness of a room as he charges it with his presence as he walks in, with his warmth, good humour, sensitive nature, someone who could have all or none of the above traits and make me wonder, with a syllable he may have uttered by mistake. So much so, the day I prove to be as good as what I expect of another, the aforementioned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Good, Bad and the Ugly - What's Your take on this?