Monday, September 09, 2013

'PACH' is the Word!




Cowering behind a dormant blog. 

This will suffice, thought I. 
Arrived 28th July,
I was glad I finally gave PACH a try. 
Saw this is where love blossoms (quite literally), 
Friendships and bonds form in the blink of an eye. 


In place of stale 'Nice to meet you's' and curt smiles, 

Hugs, laughter and warmth have been the norm here.
One recites, another listens. 
Two others exchanging glances. 
Another probably shedding tears in overwhelming admiration. 
These moments when everyone lets out a heartfelt 'aww' in unison. 


Day 1, I was new to PACH, but what was new for me,

Was the emotions, thoughts and sights in the compositions.
While I laughed, cried, recited- let go; as if amidst friends for eons.
It demanded courage- but I didn't recoil into my shell this one time.
Rather, I was in a dreamy haze.
Felt like a bird just out of a cage.
The cage was in my mind, I realised.
And I decided to embrace PACH in my life.


I gathered from the very first day,

There was more to this than reciting
Another piece of verse every fortnightly Sunday. 
All I know is, I'm in love with this ever growing, happy, lively bunch.
That we all fondly call 'PACH'. 


P.S. Yes, this is a glimpse into the infinite amount of happiness, and magic, PACH has brought into my life. PACH - Poetry and Cheap Humour, a fortnightly gathering of people who like to pen down strands of thoughts with scribblings of ink, sharing their verses with each other. But like my poem states, there's more. If you have a poem you have forever longed to recite, other than just in front of the mirror, come along! I make no false claims when I say it'll be the best decision you may have made in recent times! =)



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Good, Bad and the Ugly - What's Your take on this?